Wednesday, October 16, 2013

New Direction

Hello dear readers,

I hope this week is going well for you all.  Things here are a bit on the busy side, but it's a good kind of busy.  I'll be sharing more about what's going on in some future posts, but for today I thought I'd chat about some thoughts I've been having about the blog.

As you know, I haven't been doing much knitting over the past while, but I still want to keep up with my blogging.  I've missed writing and sharing what I'm up to with you!  I thought I couldn't write about most things recently since they weren't knitting related and this blog is called Fairytale Knits, however, the more I thought about it, the more I came to the conclusion that even though this started out as a knitting blog, it really has always been about me and my life.  There just happened to be a time in my life where there was a lot of knitting going on.  As I looked back over my archives I noticed that there were posts when I wrote about things other than knitting, so I decided that what I'm going to do now is blog more about my everyday life and throw in knitting and knitting-related things along the way.  How does that sound?  The blog will become a bit more about my life and not just what I'm currently knitting, although I've started to slowly knit some things (HUGE yay for this!!) and I will share their progress as I go along, as well any knitting/fiber -related things I find along the way!

I'm also debating whether or not to keep up with the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Thankful Thursdays and Weekend Quote posts, and whether or not to add in any other "themed" weekly/monthly posts.  I'd be happy to know what you as my readers would be interested in hearing me blog about and any suggestions you have, so just leave me a comment below.

I wish you all a wonderful week and thanks for sticking with me though all this transition.  You are all a joy in my life!!
xoxox, R

4 comments:

  1. I think that's a fantastic idea. :) I don't come for the knitting content - I come to hear from YOU! (SOOO glad you're getting to do some knitting again!! Hooray!!) I think the themed days are fun, but don't let them bog you down. If you find it hard to keep up with them, don't stress if you want to write something else that day. You sound upbeat and very happy/content this morning. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's your blog. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to go about it. If you want to change how you do things, you just go right ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do what cha like is what I believe in. I made that transition of including in ohana tidbits some time ago. It's fun to get glimpses of ppl's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! It means so much to me to hear your input :) I'm very excited about this new direction for my blog. I like reading other people's blogs that share tidbits about their lives and I think it will be fun to share some of mine with you all as well.

    ReplyDelete