Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Picnic Tea


Hello,

Today Mom and I had an impromptu picnic tea out on the lawn.  She had been planting flowers all day and I thought I'd surprise her with a little snack break.  It was nothing fancy, just something quick, but it was fun to sit down together and have a little rest out on the grass.


I thought the light coming through the trees looked all fairylandish.


The forget-me-nots are still blooming and create a nice blue tinge to the one corner of the lawn.  You can see them a bit in this picture up towards the left.


Mr. Bingley decided to join us.  He thought since it was a little warm out he needed a nice cool drink of water before he went back to his hunting.


See that crick in his tail?  One day not long after he came to live with us, I noticed that he had this crick in his tail.  I thought maybe it had gotten broken or hurt somehow.  However, it wasn't long before it was gone and his tail looked completely normal again.  I didn't think much of it at the time, but after a while I started noticing that every so often it would be like this.  I would watch to see when this would happen and why, and after a while I started putting two-and-two together.  When he is mad or when he is planning on doing something bad (like for example, beating up our other cat Mittens while he is sound asleep on the chair completely unaware as to what is about to happen to him.) Bing will get "the crick" in his tail.  It will vary in degrees, sometimes it will be just a little crooked, and other times it will be completely bent, which usually happens when he is planning something really bad.  I find it all funny though because now we know when he is thinking about acting up so we can be prepared, or at least warn Mittens to be on the lookout!

I hope that you have all had a lovely day too.  I'm so glad that I took the time to stop and have our picnic tea.  It really made it feel like summer even though the breeze was still on the cool side.  Hopefully it warms back up again soon!

Till next time,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment