Saturday, April 13, 2013

Slacking, Slacking, Slacking

Hello,

I know I've been slacking in my blogging lately...but I'm trying to get myself back on track.  It's not that I don't enjoy writing my posts, quite the opposite I assure you!  It's just that I either get so busy I don't have time to post, or I'm too tired to think straight and write something that would make sense.  Work is slowing down now though, only one more week to go!  So I should have more time in the near future.

Even though I've been slacking in my blogging, I've been making up for it in creating things during my spare moments.  I've been quite busy with needles, hook and yarn this past week and last.  To date I have knit 5 baby hats, 1 bonnet, 4 pairs of booties (and three singles who are awaiting their mates), 2 pairs of baby socks, 3 dishcloths, and a tiny gnome.  That's not mentioning all the projects I have started or have on the go at the moment.  I find that when my mind is too tired to think, I can usually still knit - granted that the project is pretty mindless.

Today while starting to tidy up around here (I've haven't been only slacking in blogging...) I found that I have three pairs of socks on the go right now.  So I set myself a little goal of getting one pair done this weekend.  Two pairs are on the second sock and the other pair is on the foot of the first.  I'd also like to finish up a few other little knits I have on the needles as well this weekend, but we'll see how everything goes.  I find it helps keep me on track if I make a little list, otherwise I get distracted by new things (kobo cozy using the magic loop technique because I want to learn it) and start working on something entirely different from what I was supposed to be working on in the first place.  I'll be back on Monday to let you know how it all went.

Have a great weekend, and try to sneak in some YOU time if you can.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Nice to "hear" from you again! I always write lists too to keep myself on track. I have to write you a letter soon because I have so much to tell you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your letter already! I wrote you one this past week and it went to the mail yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do what you can. Work is what it is. Maybe you can blog little bits from your phone or something? The Blogger app is very basic and pics may only show up at the end of the post.

    ReplyDelete