Friday, February 15, 2013

Hippo Day


Hello,

Today is Hippo Day and in acknowledgement I thought this week's cloth should be a hippo.  I used another one of Elaine Fitzpatrick's patterns, and as usual, it's a cutie. I've had a soft spot for hippos since I was a kid, so when I seen this pattern I knew it would be just the thing.


I remembered that I forgot to post about last week's cloth.  I decided to just do a plain one using my favourite go-to pattern, since it was such a hectic week.  Knitting the garter stitch with simple increases is so soothing and easy to remember; just what I needed. 


Last night while watching You've Got Mail with my Mom I finished the Groovy Socks.  I really enjoyed knitting up this pair.  The colours are cheerful and the yarn is super soft.  It's like knitting with a cloud. I bet they will feel like little clouds on my feet too.

Well, it's been a long week and I can honestly say I'm so glad to see the weekend.  I've got a nice, slow one planned with knitting, crocheting, reading and tea.  I hope you have a wonderful one planned as well.

xoxo

2 comments: