Friday, January 25, 2013

Breaking News!!

Hello,

I just had to write a quick post to share this: I am officially a girl with no WIPs!!  I have been concentrating on working through my WIPs this past month and today I finally cast off on my last project.  This is not counting the blankets I have on the go though, since I don't count them as WIPs because in my eyes they are long-term projects that I work on here and there.
I don't think in all of my knitting life that I have ever not had any projects (or stacks of projects) on the go before.  I have to be honest though, I thought it would feel different, more thrilling I guess, to have nothing on my needles or hooks. But I'm actually relieved that it doesn't.  I've come to find out that I like to be working on things, and not having any projects can feel a bit lonely.  It does feel great to have projects that have been on the go for quite a while all finished up so they can be used.  And I have to confess that it is nice not to have such a long list hanging over my head.
I'm hoping that I can keep my WIPs down to a few at a time from here on out so that I don't end up stressed by my own projects again.  But I definitely know that I will not be one of those people who only has one project on the go at a time.  I need to have some variety in my knitting/crocheting life.
Now that I have made the official announcement and have taken some time to just bask in the "no-project-zone", I'm ready to cast on for something new.  I got an awesome skein of yarn in the mail today from my Itty-Bitty Valentine swap partner Richelle, so I am going to start a new pair of socks!

Have a great weekend everyone, and take time to enjoy your WIPs,
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! It must feel so free.
    I have three projects goin' on and oh boy does that make me a lil' nervous. I haven't been working on them much as I've been takin' time takin' it easy and reading on the iPad in bed. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that when I've finished things up and have no WIPS, I instead feel as though I'm incredibly lost. What do I knit next? What's the right pattern, etc....versus casting on on a whim. :) Congratulations though as I'm sure it's a relief and taken that stress from you! :)

    ReplyDelete