Monday, August 6, 2012

Whizzing by to Say Hi

Hello,

Sorry it's been awhile since the last post, things just haven't seemed to slow down here at all.  At the beginning of each week I say to myself "this one will be slower" and then before I know it, I've got tons to do as well as many appointments to go to.  By the end of the day I just fall into bed and sometimes try to sneak in some reading before going to sleep.  I'm now reading Gone with the Wind, and much to my surprise, I am enjoying it immensely.  I thought Scarlet would annoy me, but I was wrong.  I think I had a preconceived idea about her due to watching the movie, but there is so much more in the book that helps me understand her better and make sense of why she acts and reacts like she does.  I do have to say though that there are so many times when I get frustrated with her in one moment and then love her in the next.  I'm around a 1/3 of the way into it right now, so it will be interesting to see what I think at the end.  I've been finding reading to be a great way for me to relax and unwind at night when I'm too tired to knit.

Even with all the busyness I did manage to get my 20 hexipuffs done for the Ravellenic Games.  I finished them up on Friday afternoon:


As soon as I finished them, I started a pair of SpillyJane Strawberry Mittens.  I am still working on my Honeycomb Scarf, but I wanted to have a knitting project going too.  I've got one mitten done, except for the thumb, and I'm two strawberries into the second one.  They're so cute, I'll have to snap a picture of them tomorrow.  I forgot how much I enjoy colour-work.  It seems to make the knitting go by so much faster watching each strawberry pop up.

I hope you all have been having a great time during the Ravellenic Games too and that you're enjoying your projects as well.  I've been having lots of fun with mine, but I forgot how much I like to have a few more different projects on the go so I can jump from one to the other to keep things interesting.  It's definitely been a challenge for me to stick to just these, but that's what the Games are all about, right?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You are using fun yarn for the hexis! I hope your appointments are relaxing ones and nothing serious?

    ReplyDelete