Monday, August 27, 2012

Wedding Weekend Recap

Hello,

We had such a lovely time this past weekend at my cousin Micaela's wedding.  The day was perfect, with only a light warm breeze, dappled sunlight, and no rain even though the skies threatened it a few times.  The whole wedding party was gorgeous, but the bride was especially radiant.  She is the most extraodinary girl - full of love, a bubbly personality, always has a good word to say about everyone, and a smile that can light up a room.  The groom is a wonderful man who is going to be an even more wonderful husband.  The two of them make a truly beautiful pair.  I'm very excited to see what the Lord has in store for them in their new life together.

This is the whole family - Grandparents (my Uncle Don and Auntie Ruth), Mom and Dad (my cousins), and the bride's two sisters and brother, and the happy couple.
The whole family with significant others.
As I mentioned, there wasn't wind (praise the Lord!), just a nice light breeze, so all went well with my dress.  Here are a few photos Mom snapped of me in it before the cerimony.



All in all, it was a truly blessed day and so much fun.  I wish the happy couple all the best in the world, they deserve it!!

The next day (Saturday) I got to spend some quality time with my sister and our friend Jess (she's really like an adopted sister).  She lives around 8 hours north, so we don't get to see each other nearly as much as we'd like, so when we do get together there's always lots to catch up on.

Sunday I did laundry, blocked a few shawls, washed a baby blanket I crocheted for a gift, and packed to go visit my sister for a few days.  My cousin Josh and his lovely bride-to-be Sheena's wedding is this coming Friday and since I'm doing the cake I can just go visit for a few days, but this is the only time I can go for the rest of the summer, so I wanted to make sure I fit it in.  It's always so much fun to go and stay with her.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend as well!  I should be back tomorrow with some sock pictures.
Till then,
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Look at you being all rockstar! Seriously, your hair! I'm so jealous...my hair is as straight as a board no matter what I do to it...and then it gets tangled. It's just easier to keep it shorter :(

    It also sounds like a lovely day for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful, Raili! And the dress is very pretty. :)

    The bride and groom look so happy, I'm glad it was a good day for everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! What a pop of life in living color you are and were at the wedding; what a cute couple. Wishing them the best and many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks everyone, you are all so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bride is beautiful and looks very sweet. What is her first name? You are also beautiful and I love your little dog in the second picture. (Tanknit)

    ReplyDelete