Friday, May 11, 2012

Yep, Socks Again

Happy Friday!

Well, it looks like I've got socks on my brain again today.  I finished the By the Sea socks yesterday and (surprise, surprise) immediately cast on for another pair.


These ones are for my Dad for Father's Day.  I'm using Knit Picks Felici in Firefighter.  I took this photo last night, now I am working on the foot.  It's coming along really nice.  

While we're still on the topic of socks, I wanted to mention the neat ones that Susan B. Anderson is knitting over on her blog, you have to pop over and check them out!  She posted both yesterday and today about them.  I can hardly wait till she releases a pattern or recipe and I heard word of maybe a knit-along.  After knitting all these socks, I have a lot of scraps hanging about and these look like a fun way to use some of them up.  I've also been considering doing The Bee Keeper's Quilt, it looks so beautiful.  You'll probably see one or the other, or both here on the blog in the not to distant future.   

In other news, I'm in the middle of baking a birthday cake for my Grandma right now.  We are having her Birthday party tomorrow afternoon.  I'm excited to get together with family and celebrate, my Mom's side of the family is funny, loud and great to be around.  We're quite the scene when we all get together.  I'm trying to decide what knitting project to take along with me, but I'm a bit stumped.  Dad's socks are the only plain vanilla pair I've got going at the moment, and I don't want someone to ask me who they are for because they're supposed to be a surprise for him.  All my other projects are ones that need some concentration so they are out.  Hmmm....I'll have to give it a little more thought.  

Well, I should go check on the cake.  Have a great start to the weekend everyone.  And if I don't post again  before, Happy Mother's Day to you all!!

  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love the mix of blues. That firefighter color way is very cool. So appropriately named and created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you take a hook and some yarn to work on your 1-a-day project? Or perhaps there is a blanket/blanket squares that you would want to work on - small, portable. A new pair of socks maybe?

    I like traveling with a simple shawl on the needles. Not too much thought, nothing fiddly. :) Just a thought.

    Enjoy the time with your family!

    ReplyDelete