Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One-a-Day Tuesday (a little late)

Hello,

I'm a little late with my one-a-day post this week, sorry about that!  I was busy, busy, busy and didn't get around to posting yesterday like I planned.  I had a hard time doing one each day this past week, so I would double, or triple up when I needed to in order to get the right amount done.  Here's my progress so far:


I'm taking this next week off from the one-a-day because I'm going on a little vacation!  Me, my Mom, my cousin Matt and his Mom (Auntie M) are going to Myrtle Beach on Friday.  It's mine and Matt's birthday trip (May 20th and 22nd, respectively), and also my parent's anniversary (May 20th as well, I was born on their 9th anniversary.), so since Dad can't go on vacation right now Mom is coming along with us to celebrate.  Matt picked Myrtle Beach as the destination.  I've never been there before so I'm excited to see what it's like.  I've been busy planning my knitting projects to take along and I must admit that I got them all in order before I even thought about packing my suitcase.  I think I've settled on Whippoorwill by Carina Spencer, Flamingo Mittens by SpillyJane and a pair of Patchwork Socks by Susan B. Anderson that I'm working on for the KAL in the Itty-Bitty Knits Group.  Sounds like a good lineup to me.  I even sewed up some new project bags based on a few I've seen around online yesterday to tote them along in style.

Well it is getting late and I still have some packing to do, but I wanted to add that when I last blogged I asked for ideas on what to take as a project to work on at my Grandma's birthday party, and I ended up going with Rae Lynne's suggestion of a shawl.  I started the Munch Shawl by Ann Weaver.  I'm still on the body section but I'm putting it aside till I come back because it's done out of worsted weight wool and I thought that was a little too hot for warm weather knitting.

Have a great night everyone and I hope to be back soon,
xoxo  

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend from college that's from the Myrtle Beach area and she has always loved it :) I'm kind of jealous that you're going to somewhere warm.

    Then again, southern Wisconsin has been rather warm lately...

    I hope you have a lot of fun and have a lovely birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myrtle Beach looks so fun! Have a fantastic time.
    I love those flamingo mitts. SpillyJane designs are so fun.

    ReplyDelete