Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Couple of Things

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay since I last posted.  I've been a bit under the weather this past week.  I'm starting to feel more like myself again today and I should be right as rain soon.  I've got a few different projects on the go right now, and I also finished up a few things.  Here are my Mom's Mother's Day socks:


This is one of the new Knit Picks Felici Sport colours called Macaroon.  Mom picked it out herself so I think she'll like them.  They remind me very much of the French Macaroon cookies.

I also completed a project I've been working on for quite awhile.  It was hard to photograph properly, but here it is:


The pattern is called September and I used Loops and Threads Snuggly Wuggly Baby Sport.  I bought the yarn and pattern book two summer's ago when I was in Traverse City, Michigan shopping at Michael's for supplies we needed for my sister's wedding.  I really like all the different colours and how they are paired up, it's cheerful and fun.  Next time I do a blanket like this though I think I'll use the join-as-you-go method because sewing all these together with whipstitch was not really fun....  However, I am happy with the final outcome, so for this blanket I'm glad I did it that way.

Well, that's about it for today.  I will try to be back again soon.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Great socks for your mum! I love how the self-striping yarn does all the work.
    Such a pretty and sweet blanket. That certainly took a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete