Monday, April 23, 2012

Clapotis, Ishbel and Some Socks

Hello,

I'm almost done playing catch-up!  I've only got a few more things to share before I can get back to regular posting.  Today it's the shawls and a pair of socks.  We finally got some nice sunny weather which has been ideal for picture taking.


Project: My Clapotis
Started: July 2010
Finished: April 11, 2012
Pattern: Clapotis by Kate Gilbert
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend  - The colour is much more pinky coral than orange, the picture is not showing it correctly.
Needles: US 6
Mods: None, but I did run out of yarn so I had to hastily decrease which made one end rounded, but it's okay, because I can usually tuck it under so you don't notice it.


Project: Ishbel Shawl
Started: February 4, 2011
Finished: April 13, 1212
Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss Lace in Bare - 1 skein
Needles: US 6
Mods: I should have gone up a few needle sizes because my gauge was quite off.  I did the large size, but it came out much smaller.  There are also numerous mistakes in it, but I still like it.  They were all ignorance on my part, the pattern itself is great.  I'd actually consider making it again.




Project: Tropical Sunset Socks
Started: April 2012
Finished: April 19, 2012
Pattern: How I Make My Socks by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in Fizz
Needles: 2.75 mm Harmony DPNs


I'm done work now so I should have more time over the next while to post more frequently which is great.  I hope you are all doing well and I will be back again really soon to talk about the April socks.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. All of these are so lovely! I esp love the socks. How did you like the striping yarn? Did that colorway have bleeds or specks of color on another? I used Tiki and so there were purple bits on lighter colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really like the striping yarn, I always find it makes sock knitting go faster somehow :) This colourway was completely free of any specks or bleeds, the colours were all clean and clear. I've also used Tiki and I didn't like the speckles in it either, but this yarn was totally free of any of that.

    ReplyDelete