Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April Socks

Hello,

This month's socks flew by!  I was praying they would since I got such a late start on them.  I wanted to share pictures while they were in progress, but before I could post it, they were done.  Here's a picture from Friday evening, I was sitting down to enjoy knitting the second sock and read my new copy of Crochet Today! magazine.


And here they are finished:


Started: April 18, 2012
Finished: April 20, 2012
Yarn: Spud and Chloe Fine in Firefly
Needles: 2.75 mm Harmony DPNs

I was so happy with this pattern, it was easy, fun and very, very quick.  I got my pair out of one skein of Fine, I should have done the foot part a bit longer though for a more easy fit, which would have used more yarn and required a second skein, but they still fit just as they are.  I actually enjoyed doing them toe-up and really liked the short-row toe and heel.  I'm thinking of coming up with a pattern for just a plain vanilla sock done in a similar fashion so I can get more out of my skeins of yarn.  I really liked knitting with the Fine, it has such a beautiful sheen to it from the silk content.  I would definitively use it again.  I've had my eye on the Tutu colorway for quite some time, and now that I know how it knits up, I may have to treat myself to a couple of skeins.  I could see this yarn making lovely shawls as well since it looks so regal in knitted form.  

Well, that's all for today!!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Two days? Seriously? You can knit a pair of socks in two days?

    Teh jealous. I haz it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you're a speedy sock machine! That yellow is so terrific. Great socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This really is a great yellow, sunny without being too bright :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Marigolds.... makes me think of the marsh marigolds that will soon be blooming along the creeks. Cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete