Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weekend Plans

Hello,

It's a lovely sunny day here today which is making me feel motivated to finish up some much needed cleaning and laundry that I started yesterday.  I'm also planning on doing a little baking this afternoon and hopefully I can sneak in some crochet this evening.  It sounds like a wonderful day to me.  I'm getting closer to finishing my Granny Stripes Blanket, so I've been trying to focus on it over the last couple of days.  I think I have about a foot or so to go before I can start the boarder.  I can honestly say that I am enjoying each little cluster of every row.  I find it soothing to cluster across the row and then back again, and all the bright cheery colours make me happy just to look at them.  I have to admit, I'm already working on plans for a new blanket once this one is finished.  Since learning to crochet I seem to always have a blanket on the go.  It's comforting in some sort of way.  This time I'm thinking of doing granny squares.  I was contemplating a ripple blanket, but after doing the Granny Stripes, I thought changing it up a bit would be fun.  I'm thinking I'll do more of a throw than a bed-sized blanket, and maybe use it for my window bench in my room.  I also really would like to crochet up some pillow covers to add to the window bench so it's more comfortable to sit there.  I see it becoming the perfect place to knit/crochet and have some tea.

So enough babbling, here is the mitten picture I promised:


I'm doing Polska by SpillyJane.  These caught my eye the first time I seen her patterns, and I think they are simply gorgeous.  Of course it just adds to the appeal that she was inspired by the pattern on her hand-painted mug - and if you read yesterday's post, you may remember I mentioned about my mug fetish, especially polka dot ones.  I haven't been working on them that much right now due to trying to finish up the blanket and I've been starting some Easter projects, but I look forward to getting back to them soon.

Well, I should go put another load in the washer and then get on to the baking.  Have a great weekend everyone!!

xoxo

1 comment: