Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Please Tell Me You're Kidding!!

Happy Holidays!

Okay, I know I said that I wanted this Christmas Season to be less stressful and more about the small things and enjoying life.  Well, today I realized that I have one less week than I thought I did before Christmas is here.  I mean, I thought there was one more extra week.  Like I kept saying to myself, "Oh don't stress about that Christmas gift you need to knit.  It's big needles and chunky yarn, and plus you still have another week." or "start making my cookie list?  Oh, why worry about that already, I still have one more week."  Until this morning when my most wonderful Mother told me the cold hard truth - next week is THE week before Christmas, which by the way is on the Sunday of that SAME WEEK!!  How did I miss this??  I mean come on here, I have been opening a gift each day as part of the Advent Swap, and I hang up another number every day on my Advent bunting!  It's not like I'm not aware of what day it is; it is clearly December 14th.  So how did this happen then?  My guess is that it is because I never looked at an actual calendar that showed all the days of the month on one page.  Somehow by not seeing "the big picture" I missed out on the fact that there is only 10 Days left before Christmas - and yes, I did just count that right now, and no, I don't feel the best at the moment....  So now this leaves me grasping at all the fragments of my broken plans and trying to piece something together that will work.  My Mom just walked by and said, "It's amazing what you can do in 9 days" - gotta love her and her enthusiasm.  I think I'm going to go and lie down for a bit and think.  I'll report back in a few days to let you all know how it's going.  Wish me luck!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh My! It's coming fast. I still need to finish this little Santa Claus for Alan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift for Alan! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete