Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December Is Here

Hello!

Wow, my last post was November 30th!  It doesn't even seem like it's been that long!  This beginning part of December has gone by rather quickly, but I hope it starts to slow down soon so I get the chance to enjoy it a bit more. 

I am almost done my Christmas gifts, I think.  I still have a few finishing details to do on a couple of projects, but most are at least done the biggest part.  I hope that by the end of this week I will have them all completed and wrapped up under the tree.  That's my goal anyways.  We will see how it goes.

The light levels have been pretty low here over the last bit, so I haven't taken many pictures.  However, I took one this morning of a cowl I finished up over the weekend when I was at my sister's house. 


This is the Thick and Quick Ribbed Cowl and I used a skein of Knit Picks Swish Bulky in Saffron that was in my stash.  I really like how it turned out.  It's soft and cozy around your neck, just as a cowl should be.  I'm still not sure if this will be a gift or not.  I also knitted up another cowl, which is waiting for the right buttons, and finished up my Mom's Christmas socks, but they still need their heels put in yet. 

Over the past while I've worked on the Sweet Flower Granny Blanket as well as a few tiny gifts that I will share when I get some better lighting for pictures.  Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that when I was really stressed out last week, I started a Milk Run Shawl for myself.  What better way to curb stress than to start another project, right?  Actually, I think not, but it helped distract me until I could get a few other things under control. 

I've also been enjoying opening up my daily gifts from Jessica!!  It's such a bright spot in my day!!  I usually open my gift while having my morning coffee, since that is the best way to enjoy a present I think.  All I can say is that I have been spoiled, spoiled, SPOILED by Jessica.  I'm enjoying it all immensely!!

I hope you are all having a great start to the week.  I will try to post more often now that I'm aware of my tardiness! 

See you soon, xoxo

2 comments: