Friday, November 4, 2011

A Couple WIPs

Hello!

Wow, it's Friday already!  I don't know where this week has gone, it's just flown right by.  I'm happy that the weekend starts soon though, there's so many fun things happening.  Tomorrow our Pancake House is open, so my Mom and I are going to go there for an early lunch, and then one of the towns on the Island is having their annual Christmas Craft Bazaar, so we are going to go and do a little early Christmas shopping!!  I'm hoping to find some things for my swap partner to add to her package, as well as a few other goodies for my family's stocking stuffers.  My sister may even come down for the day and join us, which would be so much fun!  This Christmas Craft Bazaar is something I look forward to every year.  It's always so neat to see what new and creative things people are making, and it's a good chance to support our local artists. 

In the knitting department, I have a couple of WIPs to share today!  I've been working on McHenry by Susan B. Anderson from the new Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts issue:


Susan's patterns are always such fun to knit!  I finished his limbs, tail, spot and collar last night and now he only needs to be assembled and get a face.  McHenry is a Christmas gift for someone special, because really, doesn't everyone want a dog for Christmas?? 

The other WIP for today is my Lizzie Bennet's Shawlette by Anne K. Riley.  I mentioned this before.  It is for the KAL that I joined in the Knitting with Jane Group last month.  I started mine late, due to other knitting commitments that needed to be finished first, so I didn't get mine finished on time.  However, I am enjoying knitting it and try to work on it, even if just a little bit, everyday.  The colour I chose for mine is the Meryton colourway, which is a very lovely green. 


I'm still working on the boarder.  I have 23 of the scallops done, and there are 40 in total, so I'm a little over half-way done this part.  Next I need to pick up the stitches and work the body, which is stockinette, so it should go a bit faster.  I'm okay with it taking a while though.  It's for me and I don't mind waiting.  It's such a pleasure to work on so it's all worth it.

Well, I hope that you all have a great weekend and enjoy yourselves!! 

Much Love, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment