Monday, June 20, 2011

Off on An Adventure


Hello!!

First off, I want to thank you for all your kind comments both here and on Ravelry.  They've been so encouraging to me and such a bright spot in my day!  I look forward to reading each and every one!

As you can see above, I finished the socks I was working on.  They turned out so nice!!  They feel very luxurious on my feet!!  I did the vanilla socks pattern again, but this time I did a longer leg on them because I wanted to use up as much yarn as possible.  These are going to be some very much loved socks :-) 

I have some news to share today as well!  This Saturday my Mom and I are going on a trip to Scandinavia for almost a month.  I've mentioned before that my Mom is Finnish and my Dad is part Norwegian, so I've always wanted to see both countries, and my Mom has wanted to go back to Finland for years - the last time she was there was when she was 16.  We are taking a tour that takes us through Denmark, Sweden, Finland, and Norway, and then we are going to stop in Iceland on the way home for a few days as well.  I'm so excited since I've never been across the ocean before!!  I keep imagining all the inspiration I will find along the way!!  I will be taking my ipad with me so I'm hoping to be able to blog about our travels. 

One of the places we will be going is to the most northern part of Europe, to the land of the "midnight sun."  Since it might be a bit chilly up there, I'm planning on designing a small knitted shawlette to wear around my neck if it is cold.  I'm going to use some Plymouth Poems I found that reminds me of what I would think of for "Summer Midnight Sun" colours.  Here's a picture of the yarn:


I'm going to start knitting it once we arrive in Denmark, and hope to have it done by the time we get to North Cap.  What I've planned so far is for it to be a heart-shaped shawlette, knit in garter stitch with kfb increases so there are no holes.  The Poems yarn is a worsted weight but I'm using US 11 needles to make the fabric have some drape to it.  It will be started at the top and worked downwards and I plan on making a nice little edge that's a bit more plain than you find on the average shawlette.  I want the whole thing to be a simple and easy knit.  I thought I'd post the pattern up on the blog in stages as I work along since I'm designing it as I go.  So would anyone like to knit along with me??  I'll post the supplies and general information a little later today so you have time to gather your supplies, and then I'll post the first part of the pattern on Monday July 27th.  I hope to have you knit along with me. 

Much Love, xx

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to have a KAL on your blog. Those do look like some midnight sun colors. What a fantastic trip to look forward to and embark upon!

    ReplyDelete