Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Black Sheep Yarn Shop

Hello!!

I am SO SORRY for not blogging in over two weeks!!  I have been wanting to, but I was so busy that I just didn't have time to sit down and actually write a post.  Our Pancake House closed for the season on Monday.  I had a great time waitressing and baking this year....it was such an awesome experience!!  I already miss the people I worked with!  However, now I should have more time for blogging and doing a little more creating :)

Anyhoo....I thought I'd do a little back-tracking here.  I have a few more posts from our trip to California that I'd like to share with you all if you don't mind???  Today's is about The Black Sheep yarn shop that I went to.  My lovely Mother took some snapshots while I did my shopping.....





I thought these baskets were so cute!! 




This store was chock-a-block FULL of yarn!!  I had a hard time figuring out what to look at first!!  I actually got to go here twice.  The first time I picked up some gift yarn and the second time I came back for some more colours of Tahki Cotton Classic for my soon-to-be blanket.  The staff was very friendly and helpful and the shop was just beautiful......I could spend hours here.  I would definitely go back again!

Tomorrow I will take to you the other yarn shop I visited.....I met a lovely little friend there that I can't wait to show you! 

Ta ta for now!!

2 comments:

  1. Can you explain how there is a season for the Pancake House?
    What a great yarn store! The baskets are cute. Just invites you in and makes you want to sit and finger each hank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for not explaining in the post what I meant by the "season" for the Pancake House. The sap only runs for a certain amount of time in the springtime, so we can only make syrup while it is running. We have the Pancake House open while we're making the syrup so that people can come in and eat, watch the syrup be made, and purchase it and other maple-related products in our gift shop. It's sort of a tourist thing in a lot of ways. Once the sap stops running and we're no longer producing, we close up the Pancake House. We are open in the summer for a few weekends, mostly for the American tourists that come to the island to their cottages - they really like to come in and have a pancake or french toast breakfast, and we also make specialty lunches, more along the gourmet line that all feature something maple. We're not making syrup during this time, but we do have guys in the back who will show people around to explain how we do make it.
    I hope that explains it a bit better!!

    ReplyDelete