Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Itty-Bitty Knits Let's Start at the Beginning Swap Package

Hello Knitters,


Today I got the best surprise in the mail!  It was my swap package for the Itty-Bitty Knits Let's Start at the Beginning Swap.  I just have to say a huge THANK YOU! to the wonderful and amazingly talented Eliana (Elly). 


Everything came packaged up in this beautiful bag that Elly sewed special for me!  It's just gorgeous and is a nice, big size that I always like in a bag :)  She made it specifically for my WIPs!! 


It has a sturdy bottom on it so it can stand up on it's own, which is great for when working on a project.


This is what I seen when I peeked inside!!  Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!  I see two gorgeous skeins of Tahki Cotton Classic and two balls of Regia sock yarn in lovely pinks and purples!!  (she added this for my sock knitting addiction! lol).  I'm so excited to knit with these yarns!! 


There was some yummy candies: two tins of coffee flavoured candies since I'm a big coffee fan :), a package of Now and Later apple candies, a box of Arizona Catus Candy, and a package of really good apple hard candies.

Close-up of the Cactus Candy


This swap had some required knitted projects: an apple hat, an apple finger puppet and an apple wash cloth.  These are the ones that Elly knit using really gorgeous yarns like Spud and Chloe Sweater and Fine, Mission Falls 1824 Wool, The SRK Collection Truffles, The Unique Sheep Sushi Socks, and the leaf on the hat is knit from her own hand dyed yarn!  They're all so beautiful!!


This is a skein of Elly's own hand dyed and handspun yarn that she made just for me!!  I'm so excited to find a special project for it!!  I'm amazed that someone would spin yarn for me!!  Isn't the colour fantastic?  It's so me!!  I'm so wowed by how gorgeous it is!!


She also made me some lovely shell stitch markers and a matching bracelet!  She also made a "message in a bottle" stitch marker that demonstrates yarn art: from fiber to yarn to knitted swatch - it's all in the bottle!!  Isn't that amazing?  It's so gorgeous!!  She also made me a little stitch marker pouch that matches the bag - you can see it in the first picture; for some reason I didn't get a close-up of it.  It's so cute!

Wow, I'm so overjoyed with everything!!  This package really brightened up my whole week!!  Again, thank you so much Elly for this amazing package!!  I feel totally blessed and spoiled!! 

Have a great week everyone :)

3 comments: