Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mystery Socks

Hello Knitters,

Today Mom and I were going to the city to pick up a few things before the weekend, but when we got up this morning we ran out of water and found out that our water line is frozen.  Since we live so close to the lake we get our water out of it, and since we don't have much snow to insulate the ground I guess it froze up.  We had someone come in to look at it this afternoon and he's been trying to thaw it out, but so far - no water :-(  Hopefully it will be back on in a few hours but if not the repair man is coming again in the morning.  Needless to say, our trip to the city got cancelled. 

So I've spent my day working on a pair of Mystery Socks by Lisa Stichweh for Hazel Knits, only I'm not using Hazel Knits yarn since I don't have any.  Instead I'm using the skein of Scarlet Fleece Grassy Wool that Mary Rose sent me in my Itty-Bitty Secret Santa swap package.  It's beautiful yarn and such a delight to knit with!!  The pattern will be released in 5 parts, right now only clues 1 and 2 are up.  I'm working mine up on dpns and not magic loop, but I'm going to work one up until the end of clue 2 and then start the second one and get it to the same place so that I will finish them both around the same time.  That way I don't just make one and put the other one off....  I think I need another set of 2.75 mm dpns to start the second one though.  This is my first pair of "Mystery Socks" and I think they are quite fun!  I like the element of surprise :-)  Next time I think I'll try to get the recommended yarn so that I can participate in the Hazel Knits Group KAL....that is if I knit through my stash a bit more first! 

I hope you all are having a wonderful week and taking some time to do some relaxing knitting.  I'm going to go and make some plans for the stash....

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds exciting! Have you done that before? If so, were you ever disappointed on how it came out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kekumukula - The only other mystery knit-along I've done was Susan's Turkey from the Spud and Chloe blog, and I was so happy with how it turned out! I'm hoping to keep being happy with whatever turns out in the end :-) I guess that's all part of the surprise.

    ReplyDelete