Friday, January 14, 2011

Another Mystery

Hello Knitters,


Last night I was enjoying my mystery sock so much that I decided to search Ravelry for other mystery KALs.  I came across one that I think is pretty neat.  It's called Mystery 220.  They are a group that does a mystery KAL for every month, using 220 yards or less of yarn.  What a great thing to help me work through the stash!!  With being only 220 yards or even less, the projects will be on the smaller side, making them much more manageable for me when I'm busy.  Plus, I really like the mystery part, and you don't have to join in each month, only when you have the time.  It's so much fun to be making something and have no idea what it's going to turn out to be!!  For the month of January, I joined their colorwork KAL.  They also have a bead KAL, but learning to do colorwork is one of my New Year's Resolutions so I thought it was the right one for me.  I can't say too much about the project, only that it involves hearts and I'm doing mine out of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Fedora and Rouge.  I've gotten to the end of clue 2 and am just waiting for clue 3 to be released - which I think should be either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. 

Now that I've gotten as far as I can go on this project, I think I'll jump back to the socks and try to get them a little farther along. 

There's also a new swap starting over in the Itty-Bitty Knits Group!!  I'm so excited to see what our theme is and who my swap partner happens to be :-) 

I hope you all have a great weekend!! 

Happy Knitting :-)

P.S. For those of you wondering, we finally got water!!  We've had to bring in a water tank and hook it up to the house.  Apparently this is how we will have to work until spring when the ice melts off the lake, but I'm not complaining!!  I'm just so thankful to have any water at all :-)  The Lord sure has been working in this situation!!

1 comment:

  1. Those swaps are amazing. So much time and thought go into them.
    Glad you have water. I thought I wouldn't have any when we thought the bldg's water heater was leaking. Whew; false alarm.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete