Saturday, December 4, 2010

Itty Bitty Secret Santa Swap Package


Hello knitters,

Last night when we got home from the city we picked up the mail and in it was a card saying I had a package at the post office!!  I was so excited, but it was hard to wait until this morning to actually go and get it.  However, let me tell you, it was SO worth the wait!!  My secret Santa was the amazing Mary Rose (smozerose on Ravelry).  She has spoiled me rotten!! 

First off, it all came in a lovely green polka dot box that was filled to the brim.  It included: I skein Uptowne Road Lace in a gorgeous range of black, blues and purples, I skein of Scarlet Fleece Grassy Wool in pretty shades of purple, the Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders book, a small pair of scissors, some bigger sized stitch markers (which is great because I don't have any that size), the Knit Picks needle sizer (I've been wanting this forever!), 4 skeins of the prettiest embroidery thread I've ever seen in pink, white, tan and black, a beautiful "R" key chain, a Charlie Brown Christmas mug and some Chocolate Supreme Hot Chocolate to go with it (so cool because I'm a big Charlie Brown fan!), a holiday themed tea towel, a snowman cookie cutter (perfect since I've got to start my cookie baking soon), a recipe for a yummy artichoke dip and some adorable Christmas lights spreaders to go with it, Gel snowflake window stickers (that I've already put on my mirror), a cute little snowman ornament (which is now hanging on my tree), and I've saved the very best for last!!  Mary Rose knit me the most stunning beaded fingerless gloves!!  She made them just for me!!  I feel so incredibly blessed!!  Thank you so much!!


They came all wrapped up in their own special box!  I must also say that Mary Rose put lovely silver bows around the other boxed items as well, making the whole package so festive!


Here's a close up of them in the box.  See, they have a lace and bead Christmas tree motif on them! 


Mom took this picture in a hurry because she was on the way out the door, but I will try to get a better picture to really show the beauty of them.  I'm so looking forward to wearing them :-)

Here's a few more close-ups of the package:




Thank you, thank you, thank you Mary Rose!!  Words cannot even begin to express how blessed I feel and how thankful I am.  You have made this such a special swap for me!!  I rarely get any handmade gifts, so it was such a wonderful thing to receive the gloves :-)  Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!!

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. You deserve a lovely swap package :) The knitting at home book looks fabulous - I think I will find it over my holidays! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could participate, too. What a good Xmas gift.

    ReplyDelete