Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Wedding Cake


Hello Knitters,

This was the wedding cake.  When I found out I couldn't really do the cupcake plan I originally had, I decided to make this design.  I asked my sister if it would be ok if I deviated from the plan a bit and she said sure.  I never told her what it was going to look like or that there was a fountain in it - it was to be a surprise. (Also I knew if I told her she would have said no right away!)  I've always found fountains in wedding cakes intriguing, so when I seen a design in a book similar to this one, I just knew I had to make it.  Ordering the fountain and the extremely tall pillars was quite an adventure!  I finally found them both on Amazon.com and they got here the same week as the wedding - that was cutting it a little short.  I'm so glad that I stuck with this design though and I think it turned out pretty good.  I was actually happy with it, and most importantly, my sister really liked it!!


Each tier except for two small ones, was a different flavour - black forest, chocolate with vanilla buttercream filling, vanilla with strawberry buttercream filling, coconut with coconut buttercream filling, apple with vanilla buttercream filling, almond hazelnut with almond buttercream filling and two lemon cakes with lemon buttercream filling. 


Well, that's pretty much it for the wedding recap!  Next week I should be back on schedule and have some finished objects to share.  Have a great weekend!!

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments: