Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ten on Tuesdays

Hello Knitters,

Today's Ten on Tuesdays theme is "10 Things to Do to Get Ready for Christmas."  Now that the wedding is over, I've begun to feel like Christmas is sneaking up very quickly on me and if I don't start preparing now, it will be here before I'm even close to being ready.  So I dedicate today's list to helping me get myself prepared.

  1. Finish finalizing gift list.  I know I said I was going to work on this over the weekend, but instead I spent that time finishing off a project so that I'd have a clean knitting bag to start off the week.
  2. Make cookie baking recipe list.  This year my plan is to photocopy off all the recipes I use so that I can put them together into a little booklet of sorts to have as a reference for next year.  Every year I make a list of all I make so that I can refer to it later, but I somehow misplace it and have to start from scratch each year looking up the recipes.  So this time, I'm planning ahead!!
  3. Check supplies for projects and baking and make a list of things I need to purchase.
  4. Pick a theme for Christmas decorating.  This year I am leaning towards a Dr. Seuss type theme.
  5. Decide what decorations to make this year.  Every year I try to make at least a few new decorations for my tree.  This year I'm thinking about bread dough ornaments and sparkly pine cones.
  6. Set a day to go to the bush to collect anything I need for projects - such as twigs or boughs.
  7. Make my Christmas card list.
  8. Choose what day I want to do final cleaning before I start to decorate.
  9. Help Emmie write her Christmas list  ;-)
  10. Start making gifts!! 
Have a great week everyone!!

Happy Knitting and Planning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment