Monday, November 8, 2010

Miniature Monday


Hello Knitters,

Sorry for the awful picture, but I took this last night and the lighting wasn't very good.  This week's miniature is a hunting hat since it is deer season here right now.  Pretty much everywhere you look, you will see men (and some women) wearing their orange hunting caps.  It's the thing that reminds me most of deer season.  This is quite a big deal for my Dad's side of the family - they even have a trophy for the biggest buck.  I personally am not one for killing innocent animals, and was scarred as a little girl by my Dad taking me to our business' garage to watch a bunch of men clean their deer.  I've always been an animal-loving person, so I feel for the poor things this time of year.  I do have some good memories though of going hunting with my Dad.  He would never shoot one in front of me, so most of the time was spent walking around in the bush, taking naps in big fir trees and walking down to the shore to look at ships through his gun's scope.  Sometimes we'd even find some old fishing lures washed up on the beach that I'd take home as my treasure.  However, I think my favourite part was when we'd stop for a break and have some of my Mom's homemade oatmeal cookies for a snack :-)  They were the best! 

Well, I hope you all have a fantastic start to the week.

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment