Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Love Frog


Hello Knitters,

Today I would like to introduce you to "The Love Frog."  He was the 'ring bearer' that the real little ring bearer carried down the isle at my sister's wedding.  The back story on him is that not long after they had gotten engaged, I decided to knit my sister "The Love Frog" as a way for her to always remember just how much she loves Jake.  The pattern for the frog is from the Spud and Chloe blog, and I added the heart for the love part.  My sister took him to work, and he sat on her desk.  When she started planning the wedding, she wanted him to somehow be included, so she came up with the idea of him being the ring bearer.  I knew that if he was going to be in the wedding, he would have to have the proper attire, so I said a prayer, and began knitting his tuxedo and crocheting his top hat.  They turned out great, and I think he looked quite dapper!


When it came time to go down the isle, he made quite the entrance:


Since I was walking with the ring bearer, I did notice the frog's position before we got to the beginning of the isle, but I was more concerned with him actually walking down so I didn't want to say anything to him that would make him think otherwise.  So this is the way the frog went down....he did look to be having a "swinging" time though!!

I will be back tomorrow with some more wedding-related pictures since I just got a copy of the professional photographer's photos :-)

Happy Knitting!!

1 comment:

  1. That's just too cute.... I wonder how the wedding looked from the Love Frog's perspective? He does look very dapper!

    ReplyDelete