Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Look at the 70's

Hello Knitters,

Today I have no knitting of my own to share once again, so instead I thought I'd share a picture of a phentex crocheted granny square blanket that my Grandma made.  Now this was done back in the day when phentex was all the rage.  The blanket is very scratchy, but it's lasted all these years!  My Mom came across it while cleaning, so she thought she'd take a picture to share with you all.   


Speaking of phentex, my Dad has been asking for a pair of slippers any time I ask him what he'd like me to knit for him.  This has been going on for years.  One year I did try to make him a pair - now this was when I was first learning how to make something other than a scarf - I kept thinking they were a little large, but since he wasn't home at the time, I couldn't judge them by looking at his feet so I kept right on knitting.  I wrapped them up and gave them to him for Christmas.  The things were SO BIG!!  He tried to make me feel better by telling me that he could just tie them up with shoe laces!  Needless to say, that didn't make me feel any better.  Then he thought they would be perfect to wear over top of his work boots, kind of like a slipper for them.  I was so embarrassed that I haven't even given slippers another try.  But this year I think I might actually purchase some phentex and give them another go.  The ones he is remembering were made by my Grandma from the phentex, so I think it's best knit them with it.  I just hope that they turn out the right size this time around!!

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment