Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bear-y Exciting!!

Hi Knitters,

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend :-) I just wanted to let you all know that I'm trying to do my best to keep blogging and checking in on the Ravelry groups, but as you know I haven't been feeling well at all for the last while and it seems like there isn't any quick-fixes to make me better yet. I did get some testing done, but it won't be back for a week or two. In the meantime, my Doctor has given me some medication I can take to help dull the pain. We're not sure if it's an ulcer or something like that, but until we find out, there's not a whole lot they can do for me. Some days are better than others, so it's good that I'm not sick all the time. I'm really thankful for that!

I'm slowly working away on projects for my swap partner's next package. I'm really enjoying working with the yarn I chose, and find it such a treat to be working on this project! It's fun to watch the colours and pattern come together :-) When I'm not feeling well enough to work on these things, I've started knitting preemie hats for my local hospital if they'll take them. I find it very soothing to work on them since there isn't much thinking involved. It amazes me how much knitting helps me in so many different ways. I'm so thankful the Lord gave me the ability to do it and find comfort through it.

This afternoon my Mom and I had a little excitement. We decided to go for a walk to the end of the road and back, and on our way home a bear crossed in front of us! I didn't see it, I must have been looking down at the time, but we turned right around and started walking back to a neighbour's house to ask for a ride home. Lucky for us, another neighbour driving home stopped and picked us up. She said that they had seen the bear around their place (about the same spot where we seen it) this morning eating the berries! We have bears around here often, but I've never had one be so close before!! It was a bit of a scary thing to say the least. We've heard different reports lately of black bears actually killing people, so I was very glad we got that ride home!


Tomorrow I am getting baptized along with my sister and her fiance Jake. I'm excited and scared at the same time!! I am happy to being doing this though, and I really think this is the perfect time.

Well, I think I'll try to get to bed early tonight, so I should start getting ready. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!!

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. I've missed you in the IBK group. I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Keep taking good care of yourself! And, stay away from those bears--they simply can't be good for what ails you. Ha! :) Congratulations on your Baptism!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzanne!! I've missed you and the IBK group so much, I hope to be able to be more active there again soon. I will promise to stay away from bears at all costs, and I agree... they're not good for anyone's health!! lol

    Raili :-)

    ReplyDelete