Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pirate Ships


Hello Knitters,

Yesterday we got quite the treat, a couple of pirate ships came into the city's harbour and docked on their way as part of the Great Lakes United Tall Ships Challenge. The one that stood out to me the most was the H.M.S. Bounty - which was used for the filming of the movies "Mutiny on the Bounty" and "Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest" as well other films and documentaries. We went in the evening when the lighting wasn't the best, so if you'd like to see some better pictures and some shots of the whole boat, you can check them out here.







This was the other ship that was docked right behind the Bounty. It is The Pride of Baltimore II. You can see full information about it here. It's a replica of an 1812 war ship.
It was so fun to be able to go and see these ships up close. My Mom, who was at home, got to see them sail by the house, so I'm sure she has some much better shots. Last time I talked to her, she said that she had seen five tall ships go by. They all seem to be taking part in the Challenge. I'll try and see if I can get some pictures from her later.




My little Emerson Rose has been staying with me at my sister's for a couple of days. We've been having lots of fun :-) That's a picture I took of her this morning before I started writing, her hair is a bit messy since she just had a nap, but I thought she still looked adorable. Since she likes to just sit and cuddle, I've been getting a good amount of knitting done. However, I can't share any of it right now since it's "surprise knitting."



One thing I can share though is the finished picture of my Tree Fort Shawl. You can find all the details on my Ravelry project page. This is it while I was blocking it. I really liked the pattern and would like to do it again since it was so easy to memorize and work on mindlessly. I'm very happy with the end result. I didn't make it any longer than the pattern called for, so it's more like a shawlette, but it's perfect for summer when you don't need much, just a little something to keep the chill off your shoulders.

Well, I should go and see how the pup is doing and get back to that knitting. Have a great day everyone!

Happy Knitting!!

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I'm going to look at your ravelry project now.

    ReplyDelete