Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's the Weekend Already??

Happy Saturday Knitters,

My how this week has flown by!! I was hoping to have some pictures to show you today of this cute little baby cardigan I'm working on, but I've been having some trouble with it so it's not ready to be photographed just yet. I don't know why, but I've been making mistakes left and right with this project. I've got to take out one arm and the bottom edging and re-do them. When I picked this out, I thought it would be a quick knit I could finish in a couple of days, it's been almost a week now and I'm still not done! I just hope I can get it finished soon.

I mailed off my Springtime in Paris swap package yesterday, so my swap partner should get it early next week. I tried to find a pretty box to put it all in, but I had no such luck so I went to the US Post Office and bought a box there that was pink with butterflies on it. It's very cute, but smaller than I thought it was going to be. I had to squeeze everything in there really tightly, so I hope it arrives in good condition!

I got more Knit Picks Felici in the mail the other day! Yay! This time though it's for socks for my Mom and sister. I got them to go through the colours and pick out which ones they would like for their own socks. Now I just need to knit them! It sure seems like I'm accumulating yarn faster than I can knit it....I have a feeling I'm going to have to make some sort of plan of action to take care of this soon....

Today I've done a bit of baking. I made a carrot cake in a 9x13 pan as well as banana butterscotch cupcakes. I have to ice both of them yet, but I'm waiting to see if I should freeze one of them instead and bring out next weekend. I'm also going to make up some overnight French toast for Sunday breakfast tomorrow, but I'll do that after supper. I think right now I need to go and get to work on that sweater! Wish me luck!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the cardi.. happy knitting!! ooh and overnight french toast i have never heard of it, do tell more :)

    ReplyDelete