Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Socks and the Ravelympics

Hello Knitters,

How is everyone's week going? Mine is going well. Today I've spent a good portion of time working on a pair of socks, well actually the first sock of the pair. After making the Wedding Planning Footies for my sister, I've been itching to make another pair of socks. Although this time I wanted them to be a little more complicated. After looking through countless pages on Ravelry, I finally decided on Caribbean Coolers by Laura Stapleton. The whole Caribbean name just drew me in...now I'm working on the foot of the first one, and I'm liking it quite a bit. I haven't tried it on yet to see how it looks...hang on a sec, I'll do that now so I can better describe it to you................Ok, I will be honest with you, that was a little tight coming over my ankle, there was a slight moment when I thought it wasn't going to go on. Now that I've got it on, it looks cute. I can't tell if it is too tight, or if that is just the pain from having my foot shoved into a set of double points....hmmmm. Well, I'm going to finish it anyway and then try it on again. I've got this far, I can't give up now!! I will let you know how it goes...I'm sure the twitter updates will keep you posted hour, by hour...

On to more uplifting and exciting news....the Ravelympics are coming up in just 3 short days!! I'm eager for them since they will be my first ever. I joined the Itty Bitty Knittys group, and I have my projects all picked out. Now I'm just waiting for the yarn I ordered to arrive. Mass cast-on time here will be at 9 pm on Friday. I should be going to pick up the yarn on Thursday if all goes well. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you what my projects are going to be! For my "big and challenging project" I chose the Be Mine socks from 2-at-a-time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes - 1. because I've never done socks two-at-a-time on circular needles, 2. they look to be a bit more complicated then a regular sock, 3. they are just too cute! and 4. it's the month of February, need I say more? My second project is going to be Elefante by Susan B. Anderson, I had to chose this one because he is just too cute, and I've been wanting to make him for so long. And my third project is the Rainbow Marley from Itty-Bitty Hats also by the amazing Susan B. Anderson. And today I decided that if I get all my projects done and still have some extra time, I might whip up a Bunny Tail for one of my little cousins. While at the yarn shop on Thursday, I think I'll just pick up some yarn just incase ;-) Are any of you participating in this year's Ravelympics??? I think it's such a fun idea! What a great way to use your time while watching the Olympic games.

Well, I should be getting back to that sock. Have a great evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment