Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It SNOW!!!


This is what I woke up to outside this morning. We are supposed to be getting hit by quite the winter storm over the next 24 hours from what I've heard. It's been snowing all day long, and so far we've gotten a good amount, although I'm pretty sure we're in for a lot more! I'm actually enjoying it, and hoping that we do get more because it looks so pretty! However, I'm sure that if we still have to go into the city tomorrow, I'll be singing a different tune! We're preparing for the worst just incase, so we stocked up on supplies yesterday while in the city, and today we're having our gas fireplace hooked up so if the power goes out (which it does frequently and since we live on a back road, it can take a long while for them to get it back on) we'll still be able to keep warm. I'm sure I'll have an update for you tomorrow!



On to some knitting news...I've got a little knitting peek to show you today. This the first of two thrummed mittens I'm making for my sister's boyfriend's Christmas gift. They're turning out pretty good so far, and they're really not as hard as they look, just a bit more time consuming because of adding the bits of roving, but other than that, they are just like any other mitten pattern. I'll have to get back to you about what the yarn and pattern are since I don't have either here with me right now. I'm hoping that all this snow makes me much more productive with my knitting. I'm really lacking in the multitasking department right now...I'm going to have to pray for some super-human knitting speed! I need to be cranking out projects left and right!! Time's-a-wasting!!

My last picture for you is of one of my Christmas trees I've finally got up and decorated. I thought it made a pretty backdrop for the new Christmas header for the blog. The project on the tree in the blog header is a surprise that I'm hoping to be able to tell you a little more about in the coming days...depending on my knitting speed.
Have a great evening everyone and take extra care! Especially those of you who are weathering this huge winter storm too!
P.S. I do have something to confess...I know I told you all that I was going to take part in Susan B. Anderson's knitalong for the Christmas elf on the Spud Says! blog, but I'm just too busy with Christmas preparations and gift knitting to take part this time. I'm very sorry that I've missed out on all the fun, but I'm looking forward to the next one, when things are a bit slower. I hope that everyone else got a chance to take part, and I'd love to see any pictures of your finished elves! You can leave a link to your blog or ravelry page in the comments and I'll be sure to check them out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment