Thursday, October 22, 2009

Well Aren't You Fetching!

Hello,

How is everyone's week going?  Mine has been improving.  I have some knitting I've been working on to show you!  I have been wanting to make the Fetching fingerless gloves for the longest time, but I never had the time or the yarn to knit them.  Well, the other day I found some really gorgeous Patons Angora Bamboo in the stash and thought it would work perfectly.  It's so soft, and warm, and I LOVE the colour, which is called Low Tide.  It's such a nice colour to wear when everything else in nature is going brown, I think. 



This is a great pattern which works up quick yet is not mindless knitting, there's some thinking involved, which is just what I wanted - nothing too hard, but yet still challenging to my mind on occasion.  This is a picture of the first one right after I finished the body, but before I knitted the thumb hole.  By the way, sorry about the poor image quality, I shot this in the evening at my desk with my other hand.



I'm on to the second one now, and will show you the completed pair tomorrow.  I'm working on getting them done so that I can wear them to the city in the morning. 

On another note, I've been doing some Christmas gift discussing with my Mom this morning and since I'm currently unemployed, it sounds like there will be a lot of cutting corners this year when it comes to my gift giving.  It's looking like I'm going to be knitting and sewing from my stashes, which is good, yet a bit of a challenge.  However, I'm welcoming it, and can hardly wait to see what I can come up with!!  I have a feeling there will be a lot of yarn substitutions in order, but it's going to be fun!!  So far I've done really well with sticking to my yarn diet, and I've begun to do the same with my fabics.  I will admit that sometimes I struggle, especially when I'm walking past the yarn isle in Walmart, and I won't even allow myself to go to the yarn store...that would be to painful.  However, I'm working my willpower, and have been looking more into the stash where I've been finding lots of things that I forgot I even had, which is making me fall in love all over again.  To tell you the truth, it's a good feeling!  I'd recommend it to anyone who is on a budget this year.  Sometimes I find myself surprised at how much I do own, and I'm sure you'd find the same.  Christmas is a time of year to think about giving, and not getting, and I think this is helping me with that.

Well, I'm off to make a latte, and sit down with my knitting.  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment