Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Beary Fun Knitting

Good Morning!

I have a confession to make; I have an obsession with teddy bears (well with all stuffies to be honest).  When I was a child, my room was full of them, I had one particularly special bear named Teddy HoJohn.  My cousin HoJohn gave him to me for Christmas one year, I think I was between the ages of 2 and 4, so I named him after him.  He was one of my best friends and we went everywhere together.  And I mean, literally everywhere.  One Sunday my Dad was taking me to church on the ski-doo, and told me that I could not bring any toys with me because I might drop them along the way, but I was bound and determined to take Teddy HoJohn with me, so I got my Mom to put him in the front of my snowsuit as she zipped it up.  When we got to church and Dad unzipped my snowsuit Teddy HoJohn popped out.  I thought he would be mad but he didn't say a word.  Looking back on it now I think he was so surprised at my good plan that he was trying not to laugh!  Another time he got left in a booth at a restaurant about an hour from here and since my Mom wasn't going to drive all that way to pick him up, my Dad got one of the men on his work crew to pick Teddy HoJohn up on his way through.  So needless to say, we have been best buds and he meant (and still does) the world to me.  He still sits on my window bench in my room. 

Now the reason I'm telling you this is because the other day I got a new knitting book.  It's The Best-Dressed Knitted Bear by Emma King.  When I seen this book, the little girl inside me just jumped for joy, I had to buy it.  Emma King has done a fantastic job of creating some of the most adorable, and yes, best-dressed bears I have seen.  They are the perfect thing to make for a little-one (or big-one) in your life.  I can't think of a child who wouldn't be thrilled to receive such an adorable friend!  There are numerous outfits you can make as well to dress your bear for any occasion.  They look like the perfect small knitting project for those times when big knitting is not an option, like while traveling, or when you are pressed for time and need a quick gift.  There is six different bears, ranging in size and complexity, and a total of 18 different outfits.  There are hula bears, pirate bears, safari bears, and even a golfer bear.  It's such a great idea; what a terrific book!  I hope to get some time in the near future to make one...with that being said, I should be getting back to work!!  Have a great day all!

Happy Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment