Thursday, July 16, 2009

Let Them Decorate Cake!

Hello All!

Tonight is the first class of a cake course that my Mother and I are taking. It is the Wilton Gum Paste and Fondant course. We took Wilton courses 1, 2 and 3 in the Winter, and this is the last course to complete the Wilton cake decorating. It starts tonight and runs for 4 Thursdays. We each have to make and decorate a cake, so we both chose chocolate this week. We are each going to do a different filling though. My job this morning is to find two different filling recipes that do not have to be kept cold. I'm thinking a chocolate and a mocha one. How does that sound??

Yesterday was another busy popcorn day. I worked all day on it, even though I had a desperate need to knit. I've been missing my knitting for quite a while now, and can't wait till I can find some time to get back to it. My sister's co-worker is having a baby so I think making something for her will be my next project. I have to ask my sister if she knows what she is having so I'll know what colour of yarn to buy. I just love new excuses to buy yarn!! :o)

Speaking of yarn buying, my Mother and I are going on a day trip to the Joanns store in Petoskey on Saturday. This week they have a sale on Lion Brand's Pound of Love, so I think I'll get a couple of them. I'm excited to see what else they have on sale.

Well I should be off, I still need to find those filling recipes and then get to work on icing my cake!!

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment