Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer Sewing

Good Morning All!!

It is a lovely day here again. Lots of sunshine and warmth. Yesterday actually had a bit of a cool breeze, which was nice since I was outside painting the railings on the deck again. I'm hoping we can get this done today, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

I just got in the mail some new books I ordered and I've been completely captivated by them. Two of them are Anna Maria Horner's Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing, and Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing. These are two very talented ladies. I just love their work! I can hardly wait to make some of these patterns. From Anna Maria Horner's book, I really want to try the Magnetic Personality magnet board, and also the child's Bo Peep Skirt, except I'd like to try and make that in a larger size for myself, it's just so cute. Her book is filled with amazing patterns, fabrics and ideas. Heather Ross's book is an inspiration in itself! She has beautiful photography and great ideas. I'd like to make the Summer Blouse and the Yard-Sale Wrap Skirt for myself, and for one of my cousin's little ones, the Smocked Sundress. I seen her make this on the Martha Stewart show one morning, and I've wanted to make one ever since. Her enthusiasm for her sewing on the show was catchy!! She has such great creative energy. I highly recommend these books for anyone looking for some cute summer sewing projects, I'm so glad I got them when I did. These will give me endless hours of entertainment this summer.

Well I should be making some coffee and then getting to work! I hope everyone is having as nice a day as we are here!

Happy Knitting!! (and sewing of course!) :o)

P.S. I recommend checking out both these ladies blogs (they're included in my favourite blogs list on the sidebar) for lots of ideas and inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment