Monday, June 15, 2009

The Past Week

Hello All,

So sorry I haven't been posting!! I've not been feeling a hundred percent these last few days. I'm still a bit under the weather, but finally feel as though I'm on the upward climb.
Things have been busy, busy, busy around here as well, which is why I haven't got in much resting time. Renovations are coming along, but we still have a lot to do. We're hoping to be getting the contractor in here soon to help. There's only so much two women can do!!

However, I do have some exciting news. My cousin who lives about 5 1/2 hours away from me is getting married on July 4th, and has asked me to be in her wedding! I'm very excited for her and her fiance. She's having a small ceremony at the church there, and then from what I've gathered, a reception following at their home. Her colours are white, black and pink, so I have to find a pretty pink dress to wear. I love shopping so this shouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping to be able to be of some assistance to her from all the way down here, as she is doing most of the planning and decorating herself, and maybe it will be possible for me to go up and help out a few days before the wedding, but I'm still not sure about that. I'm very, very excited though!

I have been doing a small amount of knitting lately, but since I've not been feeling well, I haven't gotten too far along on it. I'm making a baby boy's little green vest. It's turning out quite cute, I just love the pattern! It's from Sirdar's Little Sweet Peas #332. The pattern is the boy's v-neck tank. I didn't have any Sirdar yarn in my stash at the time I started it, so I'm using Bernat Softee Baby. I'll post pictures soon! I've got the back done and half of the front, then I have to knit the neck, and arm bands. I hope it all comes together nicely.
Well that's all my news for today!!
Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment